Kimber Rifles

cattledog04

Sep 12, 2017
Anyone shoot them or have one? I just started looking at them and was interested in a 6.5 Creedmoor.

I met a guy up in X9a last weekend he had a kimber 270 short magnum he let me hold it. Felt like a feather very cool cool gun and cartridge.

I have shot the Mountain Ascent in .308 at Shot Show its a nice mountain gun super light and accurate (Sub MOA). It is very light so the recoil is noticeable. I like the Christensen Arms Ridgeline better for about the same price point. It is a personal preference though. I hope to pick up the Christensen this year in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I have shot the Mountain Ascent in .308 at Shot Show its a nice mountain gun super light and accurate (Sub MOA). It is very light so the recoil is noticeable. I like the Christensen Arms Ridgeline better for about the same price point. It is a personal preference though. I hope to pick up the Christensen this year in 6.5 Creedmoor.
What about that rifle did you like?

I don't know anything about the rifles but I've owned a kimber 45 1911 custom tle II for over 15years. It has over 50,000 rounds through it. I carried it as a service weapon for years in plastic and nylon holsters. The night sights still glow strong and it has zero problems and no repairs ever needed at all. Even the finish looks great. All I've added was a heavier spring and guide rod.

What about that rifle did you like?
Well it is my preference I like a heavier barrel diameter to disapate heat for multiple shot accuracy. And for about the same price and weight I can get that with the Ridgeline. For hunting you really don't need that heat disapating ability because your not firing a lot of consecutive shots. It's what I'm comfortable with from a previous life where accuracy after multiple shots was a must. These are both good guns for a light wieght hunting rifle if you aren't able to have a custom gun made.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu