LA/OC Hiking buddies

MasonP

Nov 21, 2021
Hey all,

First off, Happy Thanksgiving!

Im new here to SCH and new to outdoorsing in general. Been on a couple - few mile hikes but looking to do more. Id really like to do more backcountry hiking, start off with some established campground/car camping (I do love a flushing toilet) and move slowly into more and more adventurous type stuff. However, the idea of wandering off an established trail and into the woods is totally foreign to me. I grew up in the suburbs on the border of LA and OC, so the highest mountain I had seen most of my life was the top of Splash Mountain at Disneyland. Been to Yosemite a few times as a child, Big Bear once for a fraternity retreat (which was solely just getting drunk in a cabin) and then a few heavily trafficked hikes/trails/nature walks where its basically just a line of soccer moms and "influencers" taking pictures.

I work a bit of an odd schedule, with Mon-Wednesday off, and was wondering if anyone would like to meet up for a hike sometime, maybe show me the ropes in a sense. I have a decent amount of gear and a 35L pack so I can bring along most of what Ill need.

Thanks, and hope to see some of you soon :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu