Laguna report

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
Went for a speed run up to Mount Laguna to put up a game camera and check the place out after the fires. At the trailhead there is a map and notice that outlines a portion of the recreation area that is closed because of the fire. A good portion of the north and east sides of the recreation area are closed and it does not specify when it will be reopened. The wording is vague. I did however see a ton of hikers/ mountain bikers, many of which were in the "closed area."

The fire didn't make it to Big Laguna Lake. I didn't make it over to Little Laguna Lake so I don't know what that part looks like.

Attachments

• 20130720_172209.jpg
    20130720_172209.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20130720_183343.jpg
    20130720_183343.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20130720_185835.jpg
    20130720_185835.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
One things about all of the closed areas is to keep people safe. There is a lot of trees that were very unstable. They dropped a good amount of the real hazards. They need to drop more and who knows if they will. With so many fire going on in the state it keeps the people that would do the work to busy to do some of the rehab of the areas.

We could use rain which would really help but none in sight :)

wheels said:
One things about all of the closed areas is to keep people safe. There is a lot of trees that were very unstable. They dropped a good amount of the real hazards. They need to drop more and who knows if they will. With so many fire going on in the state it keeps the people that would do the work to busy to do some of the rehab of the areas.

We could use rain which would really help but none in sight :)

Rain would be nice!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu