Lehigh Defense Controlled Chaos

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Anyone try these? I use TTSX in everything right now but with these you get twice as many bullets for the same price and they seem to have great reviews for accuracy. My worry would be penetration. Will these make it through and elk shoulder?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/7...cturing-copper-boat-tail-lead-free-box-of-100

I just called Lehigh and they seem to think these are the best thing since sliced bread and that they would be a great elk cartridge.

Last edited:
I have used them and they didn’t perform well for us the ttsx were a night and day difference

Reactions: TRICER
I have used the 142 grain in my 7mm and the 122 grain in a few 6.5 Creedmoors. They are my go to bullet here in California. I'm a fan of a frangible bullet as opposed to a solid like the Barnes that is built to open some and stay together. Additionally, the Lehighs are substantially cheaper than the competition, they are accurate and they seem to kill very well in my limited experience. I've only taken a couple animals with them so far (using the 122 grain), but they have done thier job. One buck at about 200yds and a other buck at 438yds. DRT.

Reactions: TRICER
I have used the 142 grain in my 7mm and the 122 grain in a few 6.5 Creedmoors. They are my go to bullet here in California. I'm a fan of a frangible bullet as opposed to a solid like the Barnes that is built to open some and stay together. Additionally, the Lehighs are substantially cheaper than the competition, they are accurate and they seem to kill very well in my limited experience. I've only taken a couple animals with them so far (using the 122 grain), but they have done thier job. One buck at about 200yds and a other buck at 438yds. DRT.
Great info. I ended up loading 124Hammer Hunter In 6.5 and 155HH in 7mm. I just started loading them in January so I am still yet to see them on game. I have a pig hunt coming up so I will report next month. I can say that the 124HH are incredibly easy to load develop and they shoot lights out all the way to 1k.

I might try some of these controlled chaos in 243 and 223 for Coyote I am on the fence between these and varmint grenades. I don’t like the TTSX for Coyote they are to thinned for the solid mono bullets from my experience. A Frangible would be a better fit in my opinion. Could just be I am shooting them to fast out of my 243 though.

I can say that TTSX work great on big game and I have a lot of field experience with them. I will continue to shoot them in a few of my guns. I am developing a 308 load for my boy with the 168TTSX now.

Reactions: Muley Buck
Great info. I ended up loading 124Hammer Hunter In 6.5 and 155HH in 7mm. I just started loading them in January so I am still yet to see them on game. I have a pig hunt coming up so I will report next month. I can say that the 124HH are incredibly easy to load develop and they shoot lights out all the way to 1k.

I might try some of these controlled chaos in 243 and 223 for Coyote I am on the fence between these and varmint grenades. I don’t like the TTSX for Coyote they are to thinned for the solid mono bullets from my experience. A Frangible would be a better fit in my opinion. Could just be I am shooting them to fast out of my 243 though.

I can say that TTSX work great on big game and I have a lot of field experience with them. I will continue to shoot them in a few of my guns. I am developing a 308 load for my boy with the 168TTSX now.
Right on! The Hammers were actually going to be my first choice, then CEB, until I stumbled upon the Lehighs. I figured at thier price point, I'd at least give them a try, couldn't hurt. My load development mirrors yours as well, plus the bucks didn't complain. So I really haven't needed to go with anything else, being that the Lehigh's have worked so good, so far. I'd still like to try some hammers and CEB down the road, I like to tinker!

In what way did they not perform well for you?
I’m sorry I reread this post and we tried the barnes tsx years and years ago and they didn’t seem to have a good shock in the animal I honestly felt they were a better target bullet than game than they came out with the ttsx and that seems to make a big difference and we actually found rounds in the animal show they expanded and used all there energy and shock in the animal. I think the tsx just blew right through them like a pin hole. While these bullets your asking about look exactly like the tsx bullet they are a different brand and bullet so I’m curious to see how they do for you.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu