Local Waaaaahoo!!

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
2 local Wahoo on 2 different boats...One 7 1/2 miles out, the other somewhere between Catalina and LA. Both on a 22nd street landing boats.

http://socal.fishreports.com/fish_reports/6779681/freedom-checks-in-with-a-wahoo.php

http://socal.fishreports.com/fish_reports/6779679/pursuit-scores-wahoo.php

also heard of one on a private boat 9 miles off Dana Point.

Lots of divers are getting them I know about a half-dozen people personally that caught them I'm more jazz about the blue Marlin four of my friends and broke 350 this year

Here's the one 9 miles out of Dana Point.... oh sh!t, that's me.... 80 pounder... Shake N Bake will post up some pics of our adventure. Ed F

Have you ever seen a wahoo euro mount.... hope my bugs like fish... Ed F

Very cool exotic Southern California catch. Nice job Ed.

I've rebuilt blown up hog skulls before.... maybe I'll make it a project for my kids. It got beat up pretty good with a bat too. Maybe that wasn't a good idea! Ed F

Ed you need to get a job...... Haha good job buddy I'm really happy you are enjoying the fruits of many years of hard work!!!

Little late to the party but I was able to shoot a wahoo a few weeks ago. Epic day on the water, we got 18 yellowfin tuna on the boat and 12 dorado before we decided to jump in.

dRI07mc.jpg

QthNpiX.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu