Long Distance Broadhead

jtay56

Sep 23, 2013
Hemet
What are the best broadhead for long distance in your guys opinion. Interested in the hybrid designs that are becoming popular? Anybody use these here in SoCAL?

I've never tryed a hybrid design broadhead before like a bloodrunner, there deployment method isnt the best and they come apart on impact. You are better off going with a rage hypo for mech or the muzzy trocar. I haven't had any experiance with the trocar but have heard great things about them. I've had great success with the magnus stingers and grim reaper hades out to 80 yards

be careful with mechanical style broadheads, I believe it was the rage this last season was found to be malfunctioning for other hunters that were using them this last season. bucks where hit solid but did not go down, due to it not fully expanding. it's a sad state of affairs when tracking deer that do not go down after a 100 yards. one buck killed by someone I know had a partial broken arrow stuck in its shoulder. several does did not go down because of the same reason. lost because it did not die. only wounded.

My opinion stick with conventional broadheads

Lee

Pro's and con's to each but I have seen multiple times what that rage can do. That bear in my avatar was killed with a rage two blade. He died within 60 seconds and no vital organs were hit. Massive internal bleeding. Two bucks I personally killed while using G5 Montecs actually ran for quite a distance even when double lunged and a heart shot.

I also haven't heard of any rage failures. LBH2, if you have, I'd be interested in reading about it. We all have opinions but factual evidence is far better when considering a product. Often times a poor shot is to blame and I have personally seen that as well....

jtay56 said:
What are the best broadhead for long distance in your guys opinion. Interested in the hybrid designs that are becoming popular? Anybody use these here in SoCAL?

If you look on YouTube, you can find dozens of broadhead flight tests that may help in your search.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rage-Two-Blade-Broadheads/746054.uts

Breacher

like I said it was from personal experience with acquaintances.
see the attached cabelas customer reviews.

if it works for you more power to you brother.
I personally won't use them.
I use standard fixed broadheads.

Lee

I don't have short or long distance broadheads. Todays gear is pretty good. I will use mechanicals in a treestand but like fixed stalking or still hunting. The game is 90% in your head, maybe more.

Some critters are tougher than others. Get close as you can.

longbowhunter2 said:
magnus stinger four blade reviews

http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/415812/magnus-stinger-four-blade-broadheads-reviews/reviews.htm

I might buy a pack of those for the upcoming season

Your best long distance Brodhead is going to be the one you practice with. Archery is 90 percent repetitive action. Chose a mechanical like rage or a muzey fixed blade and practice and see what suits you. If you are trying to improve your distance helicoil your fletchings and get a drop away rest.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu