Long Range Rig - The real deal!

looks like a really nice gun However What can i build for that much money? ALOT!! My 243 18" bolt rigle shoots 1/2" groups at 150yards and my LR243 dmps platform with a 20" shoots even better. Even my 45-70 shoots 1-2" groups at over 400 yards. so Very nice piece very light and i see it working well for some one with lots of money but all 3 of the above mentioned guns combined did not cost $4300.00 OUCH BUt again a agree VERY NICE :eek:

The GAP Xtreme Hunter is capable of under 3" groups at 1,000 yards and still retains over 1000 foot pounds of energy wrapped up in a short action cartridge that produces under 55,00 PSI with virtually no recoil. It also has the ability to go beyond the 3K round mark regarding barrel life.

Not sure there is another combo that can claim all of the above in aggregate. It can also be loaded to push a 130 grain bullet up to the 3350 FPS mark (but this does reduce barrel life significantly).

And on top of all of this, it does it with very little powder. 63 grains of H1000 is the propellant and load of choice.

Fine Firearms will soon have both the Tikka T3 and the Sako 85's chambered in this round (6.5 SAUM). The barrels will be Bartlein, 5R rifled, Stainless, #3 Contour. The Tikka's will be under the $2k mark...

Should be interesting to say the least.

The brass is available just about anywhere and can be made from 7mm SAUM and 300 SAUM. The company coppercreekammo.com is also loading "factory" ammo and will soon have head stamped brass available too.

Redding is making the dies and can be ordered through them, Midway, Sinclair as well as GAP and Copper Creek. Fine Firearms will have dies available shortly as well.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu