Long range shoot

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Anyone interested in attending a long range shoot on December 9th up here in Taft?

Going to have gong at 400, 550, 700, 800, 900, 1000 and 1200 yards. Possibly 1500 and 1 mike later in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm not duck hunting I'll come up

I pound my steel all the time...... Ummm errr oh I still need to shoot my new scope on the compition gun too

Reactions: TRICER
I pound my steel all the time...... Ummm errr oh I still need to shoot my new scope on the compition gun too

Me too, but it’ll make it interesting if we pound our steel together.....

Damn...

I want to pound steel as a threesome with you two! Unfortunately, I am tied up that weekend with work. No way out -

Hopefully I can make it up in the spring when you have another shoot.

So who’s coming? Might throw in a 1 mile competition so aeon doesn’t take all the money

Billy boy - Nothing more awesome looking than a 6.5 RSAUM. Nicely done brother. I hope you crush it!

Good luck my friend!

good for some not so good for others.

was a perfect day for shooting. Light wind and comfy temps and a light crowd. i missed the cold bore shoot ( hard night of drinking the day before and a 2.5hr drive) practice was fun and i got my new golden eagle scope dialed in with just a few shots. I have never zeroed a scope at 550 yards lol took 3 shots to get it dead nuts on lol. 60 power will do that :)

Garrett and company put on a good shoot with lots of people hitting 1k for the first time.

ok on to the hot shot competition. Well no matter how good your rifle it comes down to the user. We shot from 550 out to 1k in quick order with most of the shooters falling off. i think there was 3 of us at 1200. Me, Steve White and Garrett. I was first up at 1200 and as i let the bullet fly i knew i had messed up. forgot to dial in the drop on the scope 11.9moa vs 19.1moa.... predictably the bullet hit a mile low. Crazy part was it skipped up and whacked the gong. The door was left open and Garrett with his 338LM got it done. Good job dude!

after that the extreme long range fun started. The big kids with the rums and 338LM came out and got it done. its pretty amazing shooting at a mile but with the right gear its not as hard as you think.

Here is a cold bore 1st and 2nd shot at one mile by Garrett. Rifle built by Steve White gun works in Bakersfield.

Reactions: NBK and TaftHunter
Was an epic day of shooting, no doubt. Can’t wait till next time!

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu