Looking for 0.5 or 1 day fishing trips out of Dana Point

BigStixx

I'm a musician that likes to shoot things!!
Mar 14, 2015
Lake Elsinore
Hi everyone I'm looking for a good half day or full day fishing boat to port out of Dana Point.
I'm looking to take my step son and maybe one of his friends on this short trip. We don't have any gear so I would need to rent that as well. I'm looking to go durning spring break. ( March 30-April 3rd) I don't have a huge budget for this but I will make it happen. Any help would be great. Looking for the best experience to have to bond with my boy.
Thanks everyone!

Hey dude, I do lots of offshore fishing, but all out of San Diego. I don't know anything about going out from Dana Point, but one of your best starting resources is the landing counts. The landing count will tell you what boats are running, how far they're going, and what they're catching. Check 976-tuna:
http://976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/wrapup.php

Out of Dana Point, looks like they have Dana Wharf, and Davey's Locker. Maybe others...
http://976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/landing2.php?landingmonth.8
http://976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/landing2.php?landingmonth.7

Find a boat/schedule you like and google it. Bloody decks and sometimes yelp have boat reviews.

By all day do you mean dawn to dusk or 24 hours? The first is called 3/4 day and the second is called overnight. The longer the trip, the more you fish and the deeper water you can hit. Half day usually costs about $40, spends half the time motoring, and fishes kelp forest or nearby structure for kelp bass. 3/4 day can hit local islands or offshore structure for rockfish and sometimes yellowtail; usually $60-80. Overnight boats can go longer range, hit deeper water, fish longer for yellowtail and tuna, usually cost $150-200.

Thanks msteiger
I will look into those. Going out of SD is not out of the question I have family down there.
I'm thinking 3/4 day and thank you for clairifying!!
Most of those docks have a place to rent gear right? Don't want to sound like a newb but I am one! Lol
Thanks for all the help!
Keith

Check Dana point I remember during the week in tues or wends it's buy one get one free. And kids are free Sundays.

Sent from my Torque

Go on the San diego for a 3/4 day run & gun fishing out of seaforthlanding....yellows & bottom fish right now and remember the boat will be full of spring breakers so do weekdays if you can. All the landings down here have rods to rent.

I concur with MJB...try the San Diego out of Seaforth Landing...mid week better if you can. Great fishing right now on Yellowtail. A 3/4 Day trip is good to cut your teeth on...

Good Luck

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu