Looking for a area to hunt dogs?

Chubrocks323

Sep 5, 2013
What's up guys? New to the site and hunting. All the post look good do you guys have any suggestions for me like areas to hunt looking forward to take my first dog and bobcat, I would not mind to travel I'm in LA county S.G.V. Thank you.

Welcome aboard. Them song dogs are everywhere. My best advice is to find an area that is LEGAL to hunt, invest in some good calls (Pure Predator calls via SoCalGuidedHunts are truly awesome calls) and get out there and try.National forests are a good place to start, but some areas are too thick to effectively hunt them.

Get out there and drive around a bit. Ask the locals for spots they're seeing or hearing them and reference that info against legal hunting areas. Try to find spots with long vantage points and good shooting lanes so you can see them coming and make the shot. I'm not familiar with the SGV but I'm sure there are some spots out towards the desert that you can start.

Good luck!

If you want to kill a yote bad drive around on public land at night after the deer season opener they make a lot of noise that night set up near where and call you here em

D16hunter said:
If you want to kill a yote bad drive around on public land at night after the deer season opener they make a lot of noise that night set up near where and call you here em

Pretty sure night hunting coyotes after deer season opens is illegal...

SoCalRebelHunter said:
D16hunter said:

Pretty sure night hunting coyotes after deer season opens is illegal...
Im not sayin at night hunt the cyotes im sayin to scout around at night and hunt where you here a bunch early next morning

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu