Looking for an experienced bird hunting buddy

chuck88norris

Apr 29, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Hey, I'm planning on making a trip out to do some bird hunting (have not set my mind on any specific bird but turkey is definitely being considered, perhaps quail or dove too) on November 16th. I am very well versed with guns. I frequent Oak Tree gun club quite often for some good skeet, trap, or rifle shooting so gun handling is not an issue. However, I have never been on a bird hunt so I would love to have someone experienced come with to show me the ropes. I totally understand that everyone wants to keep their spots low key, you can lead me in a few circles before we hit your spot, no problem ;D

I am located in Los Angeles, but am more than happy to drive out wherever. Let me know if anyone is interested! Post hunt beers are on me!

CartridgeCalls said:
What area are you trying to hunt. I pretty much know all of socal.

I am planning on heading up north a bit but not too far. I am debating between Los Padres or Angeles but I honestly have not made up my mind. I have been doing a lot of online/map research to see where there would be some ideal places to start. If you have any suggested spots, tips, or want to tag along, feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu