Looking for left handed rifle recommendations

There are plenty of good all around calibers out there. From the larger capacity 6.5’s to the 338.
Can’t go wrong with the 7mag in a Tikka or Sako.
I have killed javelina at 80 yards to elk at over 400 with the 7. It just always works.

There are plenty of good all around calibers out there. From the larger capacity 6.5’s to the 338.
Can’t go wrong with the 7mag in a Tikka or Sako.
I have killed javelina at 80 yards to elk at over 400 with the 7. It just always works.
Double endorse that, it's been a 7 mag for years with me and it just gets it done every time I do my job

I’m thinking of buying a left-handed rifle for deer and elk sized game, what do you guys recommend?
Do you have a budget?
There are a few, not tons of decent left-handed riffles. Some better than others. Are you going to walk a lot with it? I researched left-handed rifles hard. I narrowed it to one for what I wanted. IF you can handle the price Tikka T3X lite. If you are in a tight budget and you must get one now and can not find a used one, Remington, Savage or Rugger America can get the job done. There a few others but keep an eye on how heavy they might be.

Do you have a budget?
There are a few, not tons of decent left-handed riffles. Some better than others. Are you going to walk a lot with it? I researched left-handed rifles hard. I narrowed it to one for what I wanted. IF you can handle the price Tikka T3X lite. If you are in a tight budget and you must get one now and can not find a used one, Remington, Savage or Rugger America can get the job done. There a few others but keep an eye on how heavy they might be.
I’m not on a tight budget, I’m more concerned with picking the best quality rifle. I was looking at the Tikka t3x lite in either 7 rem mag or 300 win mag. I also looked at the Montana Rifle company xtreme x3, it costs more but I didn’t see any obvious advantages it has over the tikka.

I am left handed and I shoot a Tikka 260 and Ruger American 243. I am now building a custom McMillam 260 Remington. My next build will be a 7mm Rem Mag it really is a do all cartridge.

Also my go to recommendation for people is 308 Win it will kill everything you need it to and the recoil is minimal.

I’m trying to decide between the 7mm rem mag and 300 win mag, what was your guys reasons for picking the 7mm rem mag?

Shoots flatter , recoils less and does everything you want. Personally if I were you I would also look at some other cartridges with lesser power within the 25 to 30 caliber range. Maybe a .270 ot .280 ?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu