looking for shooting targets

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019
I need 3 targets to practice shooting my rifle in the desert.

I believe 3/8 steel should be enough to shoot from 150yrs to 300yrd. And I would imagine that a target of 8" in diameter would be good to get ready for hunting season. It will not be precision shooting..I figure if I can hit an 8" target at 200+ (in the vitals ) I would most likely be able to make a clean kill.

Does anyone have old targets they might want to get rid of?

I was going to buy 3 8" 3/8 Gongs in amazon. Then built 3 small stands out of metal pipes to place the targets at different distances. I figured I ask before I buy just in case.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I'd order the plates and fashion small frames out of 2x4s with a small amount of space around the gong so you don't blast up your wood.. but depending on how you build it, replacing a small section or 2x4 for errant shots would be cheap and easy

Reactions: Wildgame
Order some splatter targets. easy to see where impact is.
I have used them at the range. At times, It is hard to tell which shot is the one it hits the target. I figured a steel target should make a sound. As long as I can hit the 8" circle consistently I should be ready.
I have a 3/8 24” plate i might consider selling ar 500 of course
Let me think about that..I need to find out if I can cut it into small pieces..I prefer 8 & 10". Thanks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu