MagView Experience

KennyQuacker

Jun 13, 2013
El Cajon, CA
After watching YouTube vids and reading a few threads, I purchased the MagView system for my Meopta S2 Spotting Scope.

I haven't had a chance to try it out in the field of course and my neighbors might get weird ;) but just curious to hear if anyone else has it and if you have any tips.

Thanks!

Reactions: Stikbrandon
I didn't go with the Mag View because at the time it was sloppy to center the lense... they may have fixed it. My buddy struggled because of that. I went with the Scope Cam because it has a positive lock so the camera lens is centered in the scope lens every time. It also has a chuck system so it will fit virtually any scope/bino. It was less expensive too. Sorry, I don't have any personal experience with the Mag View. Ed F

Reactions: socalhntr
I didn't go with the Mag View because at the time it was sloppy to center the lense... they may have fixed it. My buddy struggled because of that. I went with the Scope Cam because it has a positive lock so the camera lens is centered in the scope lens every time. It also has a chuck system so it will fit virtually any scope/bino. It was less expensive too. Sorry, I don't have any personal experience with the Mag View. Ed F
Ok, thank you for that info. I have not heard of Scope Cam, before I bough MagView....it was spendy too. Hopefully it will work well. I'll be test driving it soon. Kenny

I had difficulty getting my Magview to line up. I love how low-profile and unintrusive the system is, but getting it to line up was a p.i.t.a. I switched to Ollin and while it lies up perfectly, it's much more intrusive and doesn't fit my glass as well. I have been considering Scope Cam.

I really wish @TRICER would come up with a glassing system that combines the best parts into one . . .

I have heard good things with magview, but I used Ollin too. It has been great for my spotter and a little annoying with the binos, but works well.

Reactions: Stikbrandon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu