mammoth/bishop area

baboltin

Jan 1, 2014
Hello, my name is Brad.I am new to the area, use to come up here and fish when I was a kid with my dad but never hunted in this area and was looking to see if anyone wanted to maybe go shed hunting or scouting or maybe even hunting this next year? deer, bear, elk, birds anything I would enjoy going along and helping or hunting along with .

baboltin said:
Hello, my name is Brad.I am new to the area, use to come up here and fish when I was a kid with my dad but never hunted in this area and was looking to see if anyone wanted to maybe go shed hunting or scouting or maybe even hunting this next year? deer, bear, elk, birds anything I would enjoy going along and helping or hunting along with .

My family hunts up there every year. Or at least goes fishing/crawdadding actually I killed a buck up in your area last year

Lungpopper said:
Hey Brad if you were to start scouting that area and posting pics of big deer. You would make a bunch of friends real quick.

I bet and I am right now they should be shedding so i will defiantly post some pics of the sheds though .

baboltin said:
Lungpopper said:
Hey Brad if you were to start scouting that area and posting pics of big deer. You would make a bunch of friends real quick.

I bet and I am right now they should be shedding so i will defiantly post some pics of the sheds though .

oh really x9a or x9b ? lets see some pics !!! thats awesome to hear though.

Lungpopper said:
Lol how far is it?

Sent via Tapatalk

My cousins don't like me posting their pics online. Nothing too big though. This year wasn't too good up there only seen 5 bucks and like 100 does in 2 1/2 days...

Round valley would be a good place to start, that's the winter range for X9A, I've been hunting 9a,b and c for 25 years or so, takes 3 points to get drawn.

Here's my nephews 5x5 x9a buck from last year, the whole family taged out 4/4, they live there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 51
what a awesome buck maybe I will see you around here during hunting season .

how wide is that 5x5 ? mind me asking what mountains he was killed in ? the reason I ask is my backyard backs up to the buttermilk mountains and i was curious if he was killed up there even though Im not going to hunt x9a , at least for a long time since I am going for g3 .

TopBuck said:
Here's my nephews 5x5 x9a buck from last year, the whole family taged out 4/4, they live there.

do you have any pictures of any of the other bucks that you killed ? how wide is the 5x5 ?

I grew up hunting and fishing that area. My recommendation is learn to fly fish. No better area in california that's for sure. A lot of hunting to be done too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu