Marks on 30-06 casings?

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I just got done polishing 20 rounds of 30-06 that I shot last weekend. There is a mark on every casing just below the neck. Has anyone ever experienced this I am worried there is something wrong with my chamber. It is a pump action remington gamemaster 760.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    862 KB · Views: 41
a crisp clear photo would help a lot first of all, the marks look to be just below the shoulder, so to me it looks like you have some garbage down in the chamber you should clean it very well.

I had the same sort of thing happen with a 22 rifle. The gunsmith at Duncan's gave me a piece of thin, woven material that looks like a kitchen food scrubber. I put it on a patch tip (the slotted one) on the end of a cleaning rod attached to an electric drill and put it into the chamber. I ran it for about a minute and that fixed the problem. Basically, what I did was to just polish the chamber. The rifle has been fine ever since. You can find the material at grocery or 99-cent stores. It's just a thin, abrasive rug-type material, usually green in color.

Its a really old gun. The chamber is a little corroded so there really is nothing I can do for the gun besides re barreling. It shoots fine and I have been reloading the brass with no issues. I gave the chamber a real good scrub a few months ago and it did reduce the marks a little but really it is what it is. The gun is 40 years old and still kills whatever I put in the crosshairs.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu