Merry Fishmas SCH

Bigfin

Apr 18, 2020
Had a day off today so I went to the lake for some relaxation. Cause I know the rest of the story is homey do’s before the Family Xmas get together!! Long day in store ! Up at 4 am outta the house by 445 at the lake by 530 am . First fish at zero dark 630 !! Second fish was a double about an hour later then stupid me drops one fish trying to put it on the stringer so now I have 2 instead of 3 ! It gets super slow for an hour and a half only one other bite but it does not stick . So around 930 I’m like trying everything different with no love then I decide to try what someone online suggested. Put on half a crawler then tip your hook with powerbait! And bam bam bam 2 more fish and four bites in half an hour so I’m like ok it’s me and that duckin devil fish now . Well it’s not but like 10 minutes and my pole gets slammed so as I’m taking off the fish the guy nest to me says hey your other pole !! Shoot it’s a double again well I can’t take 6 home so I ask him if he’ll take one he says sure but he really was just after my spot he says you done I say yep he says can I put my pole over there I say yep . Then as I’m making the torturous hike I look back both him and his buddy moved in there . Tight lines to em !! Merry Christmas to all great day on the water . I got my Xmas dinner must be around 5lbs of fillets !! Tightlines brothers BF 54A03BFB-6CC0-4535-8E61-AAAE84B9B32C.jpeg9E0455F8-BE27-4B44-A28F-1DE25C7565F9.jpeg8E1A19A7-248B-4947-9794-F2D2B6FF3EC6.jpeg41D95966-D361-4A2C-9DB3-BD4016AAFD7E.jpeg4DA828C9-494F-454F-B3D3-3ED2E9D3EB0C.jpeg

Nice work. Did you give those guys the secret recipe ?
Hell yes I did even gave them the crawlers !!! Always good to help someone else out theres good karma there. Heck they offered to pay for them . Plenty of fish in the sea so to speak .
I figure what comes around goes around . I try to do something nice for someone everyday & I figure if everyone did that the world would just be that much better .

Nice fat healthy looking bows. Good eats there. What lake did you catch them at?
Got them at Amador . I haven't seen this many fish in there in a long time WD . I was at the dam last week and they were boiling everywhere about 4-5 feet out . There is a big school of about 60-80 fish that swim circles under the boat launch its pretty cool cause they are the Lightning Trout .

Great report BigFin! Makes me want to get out for some trout. Unfortunately my local lakes SUCK! My favorite lake hasn’t had a stock in almost a year. There’s some hold overs, but you really gotta know the lake and be on your A-game to get them, and I’m not that dedicated. Hopefully soon

Reactions: Bigfin
Lol yep them holdovers can be a pain thats for sure . It really was a great day . I started watching the barometer thing cause time before that I got like zero or 1 something like that all the fish that day went down to 40-50 feet and were just sitting there cause a storm was coming . Times like that make fishing hard nothing worse then no action . My lake sucks too live 5 minutes from Folsom but they call that the dead sea . So I have to drive a little ways but it can be great . Whats your favorite lake BTW ? Tightlines on those holdovers BF

Reactions: Nuevo
Lol yep them holdovers can be a pain thats for sure . It really was a great day . I started watching the barometer thing cause time before that I got like zero or 1 something like that all the fish that day went down to 40-50 feet and were just sitting there cause a storm was coming . Times like that make fishing hard nothing worse then no action . My lake sucks too live 5 minutes from Folsom but they call that the dead sea . So I have to drive a little ways but it can be great . Whats your favorite lake BTW ? Tightlines on those holdovers BF

Big Bear lake is my favorite local lake. It’s a little bit of a drive, but I’ve been fishing it since I was a kid.

My FAVORITE lake is South lake just west of Bishop.

Nice job Dave we were going to go today that damn barometric pressure was off. Gonna have to go Saturday in the rain hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigfin and WaterDog
Nice job Dave we were going to go today that damn barometric pressure was off. Gonna have to go Saturday in the rain hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hope you got to go today . Yep I feel Thursday was a wash . Looks nice today No rain suns out at least for now . Hey let me know if you see that school of Golds under the boat dock I could not tell last time out due to the clarity ?? I gotta a plan for night moon fishing . Depending on which way the wind blows it puts all the powerbait that falls off in the lake into the coves and the fish eat it at night they probably just see dark blobs against the light of the surface but last time I was there at dark I saw them doing that .

Big Bear lake is my favorite local lake. It’s a little bit of a drive, but I’ve been fishing it since I was a kid.

My FAVORITE lake is South lake just west of Bishop.
Big Bear isn't that a ski resort ? Bigger lake too ? Never heard of South lake but must be great if its your fav . What kinda fish and what size in there ?

Big Bear isn't that a ski resort ? Bigger lake too ? Never heard of South lake but must be great if its your fav . What kinda fish and what size in there ?

Big Bear is definitely known for the ski resort, but the lake was a great place to fish. The past decade has been tough with low water levels, and more recently no fish stocks from the DFW.

South lake on the other hand is like Big Bear to me but without the people. There’s no homes, jet skis, ski boats on the lake. It doesn’t get as much pressure as near by Sabrina or Middle Lake. The fish are all the eastern Sierras usual suspects, and a good amount of decent size fish.

It’s my favorite because it’s a nice getaway from SoCal. That was the allure to Big Bear many years ago, but unfortunately many others felt the same and packed in there as people do.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu