MFK Calls - Coyote Gut Shot

8SteelTown

[youtube]bofOETDhuzc[/youtube]

Check out this vid. About 10 minutes long. MFK team talking about how to pre-hunt a large area. Right around 8 minutes in, they get to the goods. CHECK OUT THIS GUT SHOT! Freakin rad!!!!

if i was a PRO and i was going to make a video i think i would pick some footage where i make a good shot instead of tanking a pbr shot and looking like clowns.

Aeon said:
if i was a PRO and i was going to make a video i think i would pick some footage where i make a good shot instead of tanking a pbr shot and looking like clowns.

I agree with you Aeon. I thought for sure they would've made a comment about it afterwards. I never want to injure an animal and have it suffer.

Never seen bowels come out like that... probably adjusted really low thinking he needed to compensate for the arch in the shot for his 300 yard zero (assuming)? How else do you not pinpoint a shot THAT close?

Crazy to see the dog was in that much pain that it chomped onto its own organs and started ripping them apart. Should've had a follow-up shot much quicker than they did...

That looks painful nice follow up shot.......it's sad that we live in a PC world where this gets taken as cruel rather than just the way it goes sometimes

One tuff dog that's for sure.......my last shot that missed its mark the dog just laid down and cried

This is a good one for you to learn about. Pull up your ballistics tables for your gun and ammo. You will see you have a 0 elevation around 50 yards or so.

Example. a .223 with the scope set 2" above the bore and zeroed at 250 yards will hit 4" low at 20 yards 1.1" low at 30 and 0" dead on from 40 to 60. From there to 250 yards you are never high by more than 2"

Yeah, he was a bit lower than 4"... rushed the shot maybe... good to know on those stats Aeon. Thanks.

I'll give the MFK team a pass on one bad shot since they are some of the best diaphragm callers in the world and they are doing it back east where coyotes are not as plentiful as they are out here.

It is what it is. I don't believe that pics with splattered blood all over will affect what an anti is thinking.

Animals suffering is a part of life. Watch a mountain lion kill a deer, death does not come quickly. Ever see a coyote grab a small dog and run off with it in their mouth, with the dog crying because it has a broken back. Pack animals take down a large animal and start eating it while it is still alive. Wild animals couldn't give a ratsass if it kills its prey quickly, they just want to eat.
Yet the animals that are killed by humans are not supposed to suffer. WHY IS THAT?
With that said if I make a bad shot I didn't intentionally do it. I'm not going to apologize for it it just happens.

i agree 100% LP

if you hunt enough you are going to frack something up at some point. learn from it and move on. Nature is 1k times more cruel and viscous.

i have no clue who they are and if they are famous, I do not follow the varmint world very much. I was just funning on them for blowing the shot. Not judging them ethically for making or missing the shot.

hey that is the way of the code. mother nature right. but we are humans we should act like humans.
just because animals act like animals we don't have to behave the same.

now that said, yes it was a bad shot. but I all I trying say try not to make animal suffer make a clean kill.
and posting that shit the tube is not helping us here in california.
don't you get it we are losing. and we are about to get slammed.
once we lose our rights then you people will understand. were out numbered 10 to 1.
this is no longer a republic, it's not even a democracy any more.
the old school of thought does not work any more.

I wore my camo pants to walmart the other day, and I live out in the sticks.
I got more f___ stares, like they hated my f__ guts.
this is the shit we are up against.

I've made plenty gut shots. I'm not scared to say it. It happens. There is not one single hunter that hasn't made a bad shot. Unless you haven't shot something at all. People do get excited and do make bad shots. And I disagree with anyone who said that wasn't a quick follow up. It could be a lot worse, the coyote could have took off in the timber and got away.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu