Migration Map

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Here is a migration map that DU offers pretty cool. Click on a pinm and get a report for the area. Looks like more birds are showing up in Nor Cal. Everyone down here is experiencing very few numbers. I know you dont need a map to know there are low numbers but it is cool to see where the birds are.

http://www.ducks.org/migrationmap/

super warm up north still.. 70° today in Idaho and Salt Lake, ringers and redheads are showing up and a the snows are starting to move in. That map is like watching paint dry, you get sucked in waiting for a good report lol :)

Nor Calif is loaded right now for this time of year. I was in Colusa over the weekend and the closed zone at the Colusa refuge was full of Specs like it was late December. There was also more widgeon that I have ever seen in that same closed zone.

The difference this year is there is way more rice, way more flooded rice and because of the heavy early rain there is little bare dirt, there is green grass everywhere

it will be interesting

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu