Mule deer in the rain worth it?

M_juttner

Nov 20, 2012
Are job site was rained out today for I get a free day thinking about heading out but is it worth my time do the deer moving much in the rain?

haha! A fellow construction guy! Mine was shut down also. Thinking about calling for some coyotes in a bit. I'd say it's totally worth it. Rain makes everything better, all animals are more desperate for food. But with mice holes being washed out you may have better luck with coyotes

I would go for it. If its showers here and there the deer may be up and moving in between showers. You also get a chance to be out in the woods, can't get a deer sitting at home.

coyotekid87 said:
haha! A fellow construction guy! Mine was shut down also. Thinking about calling for some coyotes in a bit. I'd say it's totally worth it. Rain makes everything better, all animals are more desperate for food. But with mice holes being washed out you may have better luck with coyotes

Haha yup right on what trade are you in?

Underground utilities. Mostly sewer and storm drain. Occasional water main. It's nice to not have to smell like poop today

Go for it never know what will pop it's head out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take advantage of the noise the rain makes, and the muffling of the ground cover now that it's wet. Especially if it's on and off showers, they may be moving in between.

Good luck don't shoot anything unless you can kill it and have it dead right there no blood trail to follow in the rain

D16hunter said:
Good luck don't shoot anything unless you can kill it and have it dead right there no blood trail to follow in the rain

good point.
Honestly I like to hunt when the rain stops. and usually in the morning. cause that's when I get them most of time.
hunting the rain is all good. just make sure it's a good shot.

Ghost

A light rain will not bother them and they will move as always. I'd be more worried about the wind with the rain if any that will cause them to hold more so then the rain.. As to hunting in the rain go for it look for feeding and or bedding areas..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu