Need hunting partner in New Mexico

Flintknapper

Sep 2, 2019
Looking for a partner in New Mexico.

I am mostly small game and waterfowl hunting this year as I didnt get drawn for anything. However I'm up for helping someone else with large game. I've hunted ibex, deer, and elk on the big game front and every type of small game imaginable. I went squirrel hunting yesterday for opening day.

I'm up for additional set of eyes and gun. If you are inexperienced that is fine. Im open to just about anyone. I would just like to have a partner.

Howdy FlintKnapper, what part of that state are you in ? I go to Lincoln County a couple of times a year.

I have acreage close to the Jicarilla mountain range and I back up to BLM land. I get deer, elk and antelope on my land but I need to figure out easiest way to get a non resident tag so I can enjoy me Land legally....

I have acreage close to the Jicarilla mountain range and I back up to BLM land. I get deer, elk and antelope on my land but I need to figure out easiest way to get a non resident tag so I can enjoy me Land legally....
I think private land tags need to be applied for in spring like public land. However there is an exception. You are down in oryx country. Do you ever see them on your land? You can buy a private land liscense tag during any fall or winter month. In any event if you ever want to meet up la toya and Bernardo are half way between us. We could meet there for duck and goose hunting.

My 40 acres don't qualify me for a private land tag (I think). One of my neighbors has seen Oryx near our land at night, he had to chase away some night time Oryx poachers. Thanks for waterfowl invite, it would be great.

My 40 acres don't qualify me for a private land tag (I think). One of my neighbors has seen Oryx near our land at night, he had to chase away some night time Oryx poachers. Thanks for waterfowl invite, it would be great.
They are amazing beasts. Namibian oryx can be hunted on private land with permission from land owner and an over the counter liscense. It tastes like lean beef and the head makes an amazing trophy.

Let me know on the duck hunting next time u are in new mexico. I will continue to check the board but you can also email me at [email protected]. matt

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu