never been hunting, san diego

cannibal

Jan 1, 2013
Hello,
Just joined the forum to hopefully figure out what's available to hunt in the San Diego area and pick up some techniques. I've never been hunting and don't know the first thing about it, but I'm excited to learn. I'm in the Escondido area and hopefully not far from hunting grounds, but I really have no idea :)
I have some rifles and am an ok shot, I will be getting a shotgun and a .22 soon as well so hopefully that willl give me a larger spread of possible game.
I'm looking to get into hunting for the meat.

Looking forward to talking to everyone here, seems like a really good group going.

-Billy

Welcome aboard Billy. You have come to the right spot! There is a lot of info here and we have some good hunters on the forum as well as just good people.

There are quite a bit of hunting opportunities in SD county and the surrounding area and this is the place to learn about it.

Ha! No, i'm not that type of cannibal :p
it's a nickname that has stuck with me for a long time, basically stems from taking stuff apart and modifying it. electronics, cars, guns, tools, and so on. There isn't much i'll leave alone once it's mine.
Thank you everyone for the welcome!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu