New bow/ Archery newbie

CoryMClifton

Nov 27, 2015
Santee
Picked up my first bow yesterday after a few weeks of research and shooting various bows I went with a Mathews VXR. I waited to long to get one. It is so much fun to shoot. I have a lot to learn. Anyone recommend any good archery books? I am completely new to archery..

Attachments

• 3FCC5E63-1BA9-4FC0-9FA5-BA60C04C7863.jpeg
    3FCC5E63-1BA9-4FC0-9FA5-BA60C04C7863.jpeg
    945.5 KB · Views: 38
Congrats that's a slick looking bow! Just got my first bow back in Feb. Haven't read any archery books but I have picked up some good info from John Dudley's Nock On podcast and videos. He was on the US archery team at one point so definitely knows his stuff.

Reactions: CoryMClifton
Listen to this, it is important to get training from an instructor or a friend who is experienced. to get your form right the first time, form form form, start out at the lowest setting learn to shoot correctly until it becomes second nature. get the correct tuning for the bow, and the right equipment, now go have fun and enjoy. target practice at different distance. a book can not do that some one has to watch you shoot, and teach you. :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu