new house in Lake Arrowhead

millbro

Oct 8, 2012
Lakeside
www.millbrothersinc.com
The in-laws just bought a new vacation house in Lake Arrowhead and was wondering if anyone was familiar with hunting the Big Bear/Arrowhead area. Any tips on certain trail heads to go out of or general areas. Don't want to scam in on anyones "secret spot" but some general info would rule! I know there are a ton of fire roads in the area that i can get the 4x4 back in and do some scouting on. Thanks for any input

We had a cabin back in the 70-80's in Crestline lots of good bucks hit the dry side when the snow hits the ground.
My uncle would go high early in the season and glass before glassing was cool he killed lots of good deer up there but that was many moons ago. I would call the Bio for deer and have a chat then put the pack on and have some fun. Or go to the locals watering hole and find someone in camo and start a conversation......it's worked for me in UT and NM.

millbro said:
The in-laws just bought a new vacation house in Lake Arrowhead and was wondering if anyone was familiar with hunting the Big Bear/Arrowhead area. Any tips on certain trail heads to go out of or general areas. Don't want to scam in on anyones "secret spot" but some general info would rule! I know there are a ton of fire roads in the area that i can get the 4x4 back in and do some scouting on. Thanks for any input

I also have a house in Lake Arrowhead. Not too many locals hunt up there. There are a ton of good off-roading trails that i take our rhino that will lead for miles. I don't know what the rule of thumb is up there as i have never tried since i'm new to hunting. Message me when you head up and we can maybe scout. Also i do have keys to the private gun range up there for sighting etc.

I've not hunted up there yet however my sister has a cabin in Arrowhead and I've been riding dirt bikes up there for years. I have seen many deer and will probably use her cabin as base camp for deer season this year. I've only been on what would generally be the north'ish side of those mountains in my riding and exploring.

Hit the trails there is good hunting out there. I hunt out there a lot!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu