New Hunters Finally Finding Success

Rookie Hunter

Kelly and I are in our 3rd season and we're finally starting to turn past mistakes into successful hunts. It's amazing how much you learn over a short period of time and it sure feels good when plans come together. So far we've managed to harvest a 4 point muley, a white-tail doe and an absolutely stunning 7x7 bull elk up here in British Columbia. Wow! What a year.
Admittedly, the elk was a result of being in the right place at the right time, but that's all part of it right? The more time you put in, the more likely you are to eventually see something spectacular.
The forums have been an amazing resource for us and we sure are lucky to live in an age where we can connect with so many people that are willing to share advice.

2h34gup.jpg

29z67w9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Way to keep at it! Glad you pushed through the learning curve. Congrats.

Happy to have you be a participant on our site, feel free to post stories and be a part of the community.

You guys have spammed your site all over the interweb. It's bad form just saying :)

Unless there is a quid pro quo

Thanks
Fj

Reactions: TRICER
Thanks for the feedback guys! Lungpopper, it's great to jump on all these forums from various parts of North America to see what guys are up to, what gear they're using, different tactics for different animals etc. so a simple Google search of "top hunting forums" lead me here.

FJ, I'll often post questions on these forums and include them in the podcast. Whenever we do that we most definitely mention the forums and include all the links in our show notes and on the website. It's all about building a community and a resource for all types of hunters to learn something from. Hope that's ok ;) Just a disclaimer - we don't make any $ doing the show, it's all for a love of the sport and we want to get more folks involved.

Cheers!

Reactions: socalhntr
Welcome to the forum Mike. That elk is a monster. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to SCH. It would be great if you could include is in on one of your podcasts.

Great job on the game...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu