New name 8RuddyTown

8SteelTown

Went to a spot I've been scouting that has had a 5'er of mallards (3m 2f). Set up early. No shows. Walked up a flock of Ruddys and some coot. Coot bailed right. Ruddys flushed left (yes in the air SDBirds). 2 doubles off the bat, 1 miss. Reload 2 shells and hit the big male to my left and had a far shot on the 6th. 3 hours of hunting for 30 seconds of shooting. Worth it for sure! Nice day! Time to cook them up... Cook from last Ruddys going up.
image-5.jpg

I love it bro that spot always produces ! That area has givin me memory's that will last a life time!

Good job 8steel !

stikbrandon said:
I love it bro that spot always produces ! That area has givin me memory's that will last a life time!

Good job 8steel !

Thanks man. Cool spot for sure.

I know all about coots ... My dog was trained off of them haha

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu