New to the San Diego area from Wa!

darrinevans253

Aug 26, 2013
Well let me first off by saying I just moved to cali 3 weeks ago and the first week I was here I got my 99 ford ranger stolen so it was a happy intro for me to come into cali! Haha well my name is Darrin and I honestly don't kno anywhere to hunt around here and dont kno anyone around here. did some deer hunting few years back and starting to get into long range have a Remington 700 sendaero 300wby with vortex viper scope. So if some people wanna get together and do some shooting I'm always game and iv been looking for some long range shooting ranges any around my area?? Thx guys!

Welcome to the SCH website Darrin! I like the Remington Sendero Rifles. They are a legit rig out of the box.

Enjoy the site and get involved. You will benefit for sure. You have come to the right place!

Depending on where you're at in San Diego, there's the Project 2000 shooting range in the outskirts of El Cajon. Max they have for rifle is 100 but it's a start. I shoot long range with my brother occasionally and we always head out to the desert. The drive ain't bad and if you go when desert season is in a lull, you can find some spots to poke out a ways. My brother has a secret spot and he's shooting 1250 plus.

Anyways, welcome.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu