New to the site and new to hunting! : )

Chubrocks323

Sep 5, 2013
Hey what's up guys? My name is Anthony im from LA county , montebello area, and I'm new to this site and hunting I have a lot to learn about hunting in California, and thought I would join the site to get tips, tricks & ect. I would to love know areas to hunt, me and my buddy's been bench shooting for a few years now and trying to take things to the next level, I'm taking my hunting course this month in chino at roughees. And going to start with hunting dogs then pigs, ect. Also how does tejon ranch work for pig hunting?

Thank you!

Welcome to SCH.
Since you don't have much pig hunting experience you should give Neil Ray (on this site) a PM.
He has some great properties to hunt and you will learn a lot about hunting pigs from him.

Welcome to the site, if there is any questions feel free to pm me and I will help you out in any way, also take a look at my Facebook page to see some of the animals that have been taken this year, Neil GSGS

Also check out SoCal Guided Hunts! We're a bit closer and has put some serious pork on the ground. We can also give you a jump on coyote hunting too. PM SoCalGuidedHunts or check out the page below my screen name.

Welcome to the forum. Tejon is awesome but would be difficult for a beginner to score a pig on their first hunt without a guy. I'd call Neil or another guide with references to help you tag out . Its suck getting skunked when you're starting out and have your hope's up. Spend a little extra and you'll learn so much.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu