Newbie subject. Bow first, riffle second.

Check these boots out...$150..is pretty reasonable..40% off now in CA only, the add says. Hey if they are waterproof and sturdy comfortable and last me a couple of seasons they might be the ones. As long as the fabric that makes them lighter do not rip or get cut easily.

Lucky for me there is a Under Armour outlet 5' away where I can try the size.

Yeppers just like all said tons of gear.
To get. Also you gonna need a little
Tool box or similar for your bow stuff.
Xtra knocks , broad heads, target tips, wax for the string. A few tools,
Like Allen wrenches. Ect.

Last edited:
Pssh... I remember when I got that 70# Bow delivered! I was all excited... got it outta the box, went to try to pull it back and was like...."Yeeeah.... that's not gonna happen. Ow.". After giving myself several seconds to let my shoulder get back in socket and recover, I then proceeded to turn it down to about 54#.

Pssh... I remember when I got that 70# Bow delivered! I was all excited... got it outta the box, went to try to pull it back and was like...."Yeeeah.... that's not gonna happen. Ow.". After giving myself several seconds to let my shoulder get back in socket and recover, I then proceeded to turn it down to about 54#.
Hahaha...I went to the store to try a bunch and the guy..said..yeah you are big dude 5'11 201lbs..here you go...set right at 60lbs...I am still sore..haha,

Yeah Ok... I'm basically same size as you. (5" 11" Just overweight at 225 Lbs.) But here's the funny thing with that... previous injuries and tears really don't give a blip how big you were!

Listen to me well... take great care of your shoulders! Do not push them when they complain to you. And if the me of today could go back to the me of mid-20's on up... I'd tell me NOT to do Bench with a bar anymore! Only with separate DumbBells. And I'd have added-in a ton more individual dumbbell shoulder work into my routines way way back. AND... I'd never do that stupid pull-over machine anymore, or at least...never try pushing that damn thing to high weight.

Also, I would have pimp slapped myself for being an idiot and pushing up to 7 plates each side on incline leg-press... and would have really pimp-slapped myself had I watched how far back to my chest I was letting my knees go back, and would have more early adopted reclining the back rest to its max position so as not to hyper extend the glutes and hamstrings. Also I would have learned to do my squats slightly more toe-in. The list goes on and on.

Long story shorter... I'd have pushed to failure more thru reps than via going so ridiculously high-up in weight. Your connective tissues only have a finite life-span. Once isht starts ripping and tearing, things will never be quite the same again. And you will be very regretful of that. Trust me.

And I definitely would have gone back and changed the routine to start... everytime... with 30 min elliptical with incline at 10 and resistance starting at 11 or 12, for as long as you can take it... then back off one notch on resistance as needed toward the end when you hit plateaus in terms of oxygen debt. THEN, after the 30 min, do like your 1.5 - 1.75 hrs of lifting, using gorging principle, etc.

BTW.. if you watch that BowNinja guy, he'll tell you... you need to be able to draw that bow back very slowly... without grunting... without making noise. So even if you usually practice at a higher Lbs. You need to back it down from that during hunting season. And be sure to practice with the lower setting so you can re-dial-in your pins as needed.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu