HelterSkelter

Jul 25, 2013
Hello all my name is Seth, I have never hunted before but i really want to get into it. I've lived in San Diego for a couple years now originally i'm from northern Nevada, so I don't know anyone that hunts here. One of the guy's at Fine Firearms told me about this site while i was looking into buying a hunting rifle there. The only thing i have is a shotgun and a 22lr and soon a rifle so i am looking for some advice and tips for getting started hunting. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Seth. First you need to take your hunter safty class and buy a hunting license. The deer zone you live in is sold out for this year but you can still drive to other zones if you get a tag.

Get that hunter safety class done then go back to Fine Firearms to get your license and see what big game tags are left.

Thank you, and yes i am planing on getting my safety course done asap as well as a license. not sure how the whole deer hunting drawing and zone thing works, I was actually thinking about trying some pig hunting since its year around and sounds easier to me. Of course i could be wrong all i know is what i read online at various websites and forums and the dfg website. I want to try some rabbit hunting as well I hear their good eating.

HelterSkelter said:
Thank you, and yes i am planing on getting my safety course done asap as well as a license. not sure how the whole deer hunting drawing and zone thing works, I was actually thinking about trying some pig hunting since its year around and sounds easier to me. Of course i could be wrong all i know is what i read online at various websites and forums and the dfg website. I want to try some rabbit hunting as well I hear their good eating.

Where about are you in SD? I am in the Mission Valley area and still exploring the "woods" ::) here to find places for rabbit...

Are you military at all? Camp Pendelton is another place to hunt for rabbit and stuff if you are.

HelterSkelter said:
Yes I'm military i live close to the 32nd street naval base in national city.

Hey bro going to Camp Pendleton on Saturday for rabbit and scouting. PM if you are interested in going.

Pendleton has a hunter safety class coming up mid-August.

HelterSkelter said:

ok cool thanks for the heads up ill look into it, i was looking at some other places that offer the course on the DFG website.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu