NFL games?

s13tsilvia

Aug 21, 2014
Australia
Just enquiring if there will be any NFL games near carlsbad in the last week of november through to the 3rd of december? im coming over from australia and have no idea where i could go to see a game as its one thing i want to do as ive never been to the states before.
Im happy to see any type of nfl, as i understand you have pro's and college games?

any info would be great

cheers josh

The good news: is there will be an nil game in San Diego, Nov 23rd. The bad news is: it's the Chargers. There are also a university level games (San Diego State) on the 21st and 29th, also in San Diego. In Carlsbad you will be about 30-40 minutes drive from both (they're both held at the same stadium).

Oh and did msteiger tell you the good news. It will be the Chargers! ;)

lol i dont care who is playing i just want to see a game in real life! and try and work out what the hell happens. all i can gather is each team gets a certain number of tackles before switching.

I loved Matt's apparent type-o reporting a "nil" game involving the Chargers. Too funny.

Bonejour said:
I loved Matt's apparent type-o reporting a "nil" game involving the Chargers. Too funny.

Hmm, didn't notice that. I wonder if autocorrect screwed me. OR THE COMPUTERS KNOW TOO.

s13tsilvia said:
lol i dont care who is playing i just want to see a game in real life! and try and work out what the hell happens. all i can gather is each team gets a certain number of tackles before switching.

Easy breakdown: Offense gets the ball and has 4 chances to move the ball at least 10 yards. If on the 4th try , they still don't get the 10 yards, the ball is given to the other team. Most teams will punt / kick the ball to the other team on the 4th try as to avoid giving the competition better field position.

Once the offense gets at least 10 yards, they have 4 more chances and the process continues till they get into the end zone (touchdown = 6 points). If they get close to their end zone but can't score by the 3rd try, a majority of the teams will kick the ball through the uprights on the 4th try (field goal = 3 points).

Offense has:
1) linemen (big guys who protect the quarterback and open up the front line of the defense for run plays
2) running backs (generally sit behind the quarterback and get the ball handed off and they run the ball up field).
3) receivers / tight ends (will run down field and try to catch the ball the quarterback throws)
4) quarterback (generally the captain of the offense. will call plays, hand the ball off, throw the ball, etc).

Defense has:
1) linemen (big guys who try to get past the offensive linemen to tackle the quarterback or whoever has the ball)
2) Defensive Backs - comprised of big and fast guys in the middle called linebackers, and smaller fast guys on the outside and backfield called cornerbacks and safetys (their job is to watch the ball and the recievers to prevent big pass plays).

There are all kinds of other rules and quarks with the game, but for a first timer, just watch for big hits, big runs, big pass plays. You're sure to see some great action!

And let's not forget about those Charger Cheer Leaders!! I have not quit figured out what there job is but I sure do like watching them also. LOL ha ha

Cali Ridge Runner said:
And let's not forget about those Charger Cheer Leaders!! I have not quit figured out what there job is but I sure do like watching them also. LOL ha ha

That's the only downfall for my Steelers ( :-X Chargers Fans). Haven't had cheerleaders since the Steelerettes in like the 40's! And yes, there are some hotties in the Burgh so hold your jokes!

Mmm cheerleaders, how do I meet them. Maybe they would like to meet an aussie roflol

We play some similar games called rugby and afl, except no padding

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu