Night Fishing 6/27

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
So was able to make it out to Santee lakes yesterday for their 2nd night of night fishing this year. Wasnt looking forward to the mosquitos but fortunately the bugs were taking it easy last night. I arrived around 5:30 and of course no hits till it for dark. Not many people out hady pick of spots. First spot turned up a bunch of bass grass so moved on to another lake and settled in. After it got dark I put some fresh bait on and after a few casts and one that felt good I set my pole down and 10 seconds later my bell went off! Was able to bring in the biggest cat I've caught from santee. The head was about the size of my fist. Not a lunker but dont see many big ones coming out of there. Was there with 2 buddies and we each caught one. One of them caught his at 10:57...park closes at 11 lol He was determined to get one and it paid off last minute. Another gentleman caught his limit and gave us 2 of his fish. My friends didnt want to deal with cleaning them so they let me take them home. Left them on ice overnight and cleaned them in the morning. Ready for some fish tacos on fourth of july!!

I have caught catfish at SL a few years back.
Perfect meet for fried fish empanadas...
I dont understand why some people say that catfish is not edible...

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I have caught catfish at SL a few years back.
Perfect meet for fried fish empanadas...
I dont understand why some people say that catfish is not edible...
They must be getting it out of the clearance bin at Albertsons. Fresh catfish equals great El Gato tacos.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu