No Hunting Today

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
Spent the whole day trying to fix my truck, and held up trying to get parts. 4 brake rotors, disk brakes, .I had three wasted rotors an disk brakes yuk. Got bagged by a shop. Said my brake were OK 5000 miles ago. Ended fixing it my self. At least It will be ready for Thursday and this week end. A22 here I come. Aftermarket parts suck. Never fits right.

That sucks.

I've always repaired my own vehicles because I do not trust shops and I can't afford dealers. I am so glad trucks changed from drum rears to 4wheel disc.

Don't forget to use plenty of grease on the rub spots.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Yes disc brake grease were the pads rub on the calipers and on the guide pins. If not they will wear un even and make noise. They could possibly hang up and stick closed as well causing pulling

o yes . sorry mis understood, yes that was not done by the dealer on the last repair. and one brake would pull.
I applied disk brake lube & quiet , any ways was not fun totally was not prepared for this. need to organize my tools better, and need a better floor jack. my old 53 chevy is in my work shop, I need to finish it, so I have room to work in a clean well lighted area. with no wind blowing forty miles an hour.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu