no idea this was even being done~ then weight and trim meplats

My Giraud is coming with a meplat trimmer. I might give it a try on some blem .308 projectiles I have since I will have the trimmer.

I was also looking at the pointing dies.

Not sure if its worth buying and expensive die to make $250 in projectiles more consistent. I like Berger's and they have a proprietary "meplat reduction technology" that makes them very uniform. I would rather buy better bullets to start but it is fun to tinker.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I just saw a video with ultimate reloader reviewing Berger ATip bullets, and no metplat trimming. probably more than I need for this amature reloader. but it is interesting to know down the road.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu