Non membership rifle range?

Sorry, but what the heck is a Skin Walker? Is that like a Tweaker Meth-Head or something?

Good guess but not meth-heads lol it's part of Native American folklore. It's when a medicine man has gone to the "darkside". They call the skin walkers because they are shape shifters who can take the form of animals usually wolves or coyotes but also humans. It is said they can come into your home unless invited so they will take the form of a loved one to get you to trust them. I've read some pretty wild stories about "encounters" from places like Colorado and AZ. Found this you can read up on if you want.

https://exemplore.com/cryptids/Urban-Legends-The-Navajo-Skinwalker

I think the ocotillo discussion really should be called split mountain rd, just south of ocotillo wells OHV area. its a designated BLM shooting area, even has signs reminding shooters to pick up trash. its about 3 ft past the sand diego/imperial county boarder. Last I heard san diego BLM tartget shooting was closed for fire danger.

I think if you google map split mountain road and follow it just outside the anza Borrego boundry its marked as a shooting location. I have been out there a few times in the last couple months to do exactly what you are doing. Sighting in optics. I was able to walk out and place targets at 300 yards and had a lot of space beyond that to keep going.

Its a typical desert shooting area. lots of junk left behind by inconsiderate a$$holes. weekends I hear its busy and a free for all as far as groups shooting and other groups running targets. I only go during the week, and haven't seen anther person out there shooting. Only a few 4x4s driving past.

Can anyone confirm if san diego BLM is really back open for target shooting?

Look up the skinwalker ranch in Utah. Some crazy SH!! has been documented there.

Oh good grief! UFO's? Are people seriously still falling for rumors like that? Gotta shake my head at Humanity sometimes.

LOL well you asked. By the way
There's a lot stuff out that science
Can not explain. And a lot of science is false science. But hey
Let's not hijack this thread.

If ever an interesting hijack, this would be it. That said, I’ve witnessed things before that defied my knowledge of logic.

As for the Borego range, I’m definitely interested in checking that out.

I will just say this: the more time you spend in the boonies, and the more remote the boonies, the greater the chances that some remote day/night you might experience something weird. You vaqueros have a great weekend and keep your powder dry.
M

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu