Nor cal lightning strikes.

CAL'NDN

Apr 18, 2020
Wife let me get out for a little this morning said she would be fine till I got home ( ankle surgery 3 weeks ago)..... she said last night go fishing for a few hrs and get us some fresh trout and stop by shwingles butcher and get us some meat on way home so ofcourse I'm not going to argue. Hit the lake amador and lines in about 6.45 running 3 colors of lead I was marking about 16' to 22' down about a hour in got my only hook up and luckily only fish. he hit on a rainbow j7 rapala. Trolled till noon and the wind was pretty hard at times. 3 kayaks and about 10 boats on the lake today deffenitly not crowded but the fish didnt want to play with anyone I talked unto today I must of hit him in the lips. Still felt nice to finaly get back in the yak...... until next time.
Ps about 4# lightning trout Amador gold20200506_082900.jpg20200506_082918.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Yeah Buddy Nice One . I'm sure the wife will be happy about that fresh fish . I told you they look to be about 5lbs now did it fight hard ? Really clean looking fish what kinda j7 is that whats rainbow ? The rainbow trout one ? And when you cook it dont send me any dinner pics !!!!! LOL

Lol it's a real old one I got at swap meet looks to be a rainbow or mabey cutt or brooke imitation. Its jointed and same size as j7 but the tail is more narrow. Like I said it was in old tackle box score. Yup it's good size filet for sure and nice and red. It's a double split tail. Yes you know he fought good lol.
67dafbaad06351b6cd25ad07a3841145.jpg
1a0aa466650841b56d8d7f10a8f32dc0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lol mabey. Mabey the ride in back of the yak on ice in the wind split it.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Lol I can't believe I cut the tail off part way in the picture. It was bright and I wanted to get em ice and back in the water asap

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Well that didn't take long , man your wife must really like fresh fish . I'll bet you do too ;)

I can eat! Yup good thing she does.

Oh really that's great news.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu