Nosler E-Tip Bullets

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Has anyone played around with the Nosler E-Tip bullets. I ordered 2 boxes of the .30 caliber 168 grain. They look to be well made and sport a BC of 0.503!
I also ordered the Nosler Reloading Guide Manual #7.

Anyway was just curious. The E-Tip sports a higher BC than the Berger VLD 168 gr Match Grade Classic Hunter ( 0.496).

If I can get the E-Tip to shoot it might be my next elk smasher!

Looks pretty slippery to me but the rear of the bullet does slope off fast.

Attachments

• nice-bullet-etip.jpg
    nice-bullet-etip.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 32
Interesting to see how different the two are yet they achieve very similar performance, Berger is an interesting bullet never worked with them, I need to give them a try and see what they can do.

I reloaded some for my sons junior hunt up at Fort Hunter Liggett. They worked great and the distance he was shooting them at. He killed his first deer and it was a long shot at 50 ft.

I had great grouping at 100 yards when I was making up the load

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu