One Tag punched

Cali Ridge Runner

Nov 25, 2012
San Diego
Getting a few tags out of the way...... then its a game on for me! Family member dropped this guy this morning. We seen this buck opening morning and been chasing him around the hills for the past week. Finally caught up with him this HOT morning. He hadnt shot a buck since 2015 so he was due! Happy and proud of him!

.F3B58C23-FFB8-4B41-9A2D-F0E9B11D73FE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he was due for sure! congratulations to him I’m sure he was excited to be able to fill a tag after that many years.

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
We need some water on the ground asap! This dry heat seems to have the bucks staying under the radar for the most part.... at least in this part of the zone.
Same thing happened in D-19 I am curious to see the harvest reports for this year when it's all said and done. It was my 1st season and was able to get one on opening day of archery but I struggled to find the bucks again once the forest opened back up after the closure for my 2nd tag.

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu