Opening weekend AZ OTC Mule Deer

Gteam1

Oct 13, 2012
www.youtube.com
Was able to get out to AZ for the opening weekend with my girlfriend, Saturday morning we spotted a really nice 4 x 4 that we have Watched grow the past couple of years. Tried coming up with a plan to make a Really long stalk but ended up deciding it would be better to wait and see if he puts himself in better position later on in the day or possibly on another day. About 10 minutes later we spotted another nice buck, a 3x4 with a pretty cool looking eye guard. He was pushing some does down a ridge about 700 yards away from us so we deciding to just slowly follow in the path they were moving to see if we could get close. Didn’t happen, went for a good little trek and didn’t find him. We did end up walking right in between a big heard of javelina and getting 100 yards from a smaller 3x3 chasing a doe. Throughout the rest of Saturday it seemed like the big bucks started hiding and the little bucks were out and about chasing does.
Sunday we hit the same spot and at first light we spotted a herd of deer working their way up and over a distant ridge. We tried repositioning ourselves to find them again but no go, Ended up going for about a 6 mile walk and finding a big 3x3 that we had chased last year but that attempt was also a bust ahaha
All in all a great weekend, will be back in a couple of days and going to hunt through the end of the month. Hopefully we could help that big 4x take a dirt napFB521300-8923-4D32-ADD0-1B4A9E4DD379.png2F34C576-8D21-401E-8DD1-BB3134AD95F8.png9BA88A55-D09F-476A-BF38-DA6AB3373859.png311468A0-330B-40B8-B726-BCF9FAC346E9.png262F142C-7113-4090-A478-3054ABE02B47.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a big buck kinda hard to tell I’m the pics. Good luck hopefully you get a better pic of him with you holding him !

Reactions: Gteam1
I tried posting the video of him but unfortunately it wasn’t letting me, so I just took screenshots of the vid . Thank you! And yes hopefully I could put him down
If you want to go to the trouble and have a Google or you tube ' forget' account upload the video to you tube. Then it will allow you to share it.
Firefox has apps to download as a MP4, from ytube. If you want.
Love the pics brother

Reactions: Gteam1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu