Oregon archery elk.

just_ducky_1

Aug 17, 2015
Oceanside, CA
So I'm tossing around the idea of going to Oregon for elk with the bow in 2017. What area should I start looking at? From what one of my students told me military can hunt there on resident fees. I'm kinda starting my online research now. Though maybe I could get a jump start with some of you all's knowledge.
Justin

Start by figuring out which elk you are going to hunt. Roosevelt (Olympic) or Rocky Mountain?

I think Roosevelts (Olympic) are the only elk in Oregon. I know there are no Tules or Manitoba elk in Oregon. Are there Rocky Mtn elk in Oregon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roosevelt in the West and RM in the east. Im not as excited to chase the Roosevelt, smaller racks and huge body mass in a brutal dense rain forest sounds like work.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu