Pancho Rico Creek Ranch

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Has anybody been to or heard of Pancho Rico Creek Ranch (pig hunts). Looking for a new place to hunt pigs that is fun ad reasonable (and fair game chase).

By the looks of it, seems to be fair chase. I get turned off by the words "trophy fee" though. I don't like the feeling I am buying a particular status of an animal. I'm paying to hunt regardless if I kill something big or small. Just my opinion.

95% of the California hog hunts on private land have some sort of "trophy" fee for tusks longer than 2". Big hogs don't taste good so the fee never applies to me anyhow (already have a whopper on the wall). I have hunted the Work Ranch since 1988 and they are no longer offering hunts so I am homeless regarding good pig hunting.

prices in calif are getting so steep that going to texas is more a player than ever.

I am with you on the why shoot a big boar. The little sows taste so much better :)

The Work Ranch is no longer. But it was over before Ben Work was hurt on his BW motorcycle. It is now for weddings, weekend retreats and equestrian trail riding. It went from one of the bloodiest ranches in California to a tree hugging convention.

Obviously George Work has completely turned it over to Ben's wife. See for yourself:

http://workranch.com/

Fred, the good news is we had are way with that ranch over the years. I am guessing between you, Jeff and I (and a few other ancillary friends), we killed 125-150 pigs there.

What a shame...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu