pest control

sherpa

Nov 21, 2011
Flynn Springs
went to the mtns this AM shot 5 rabbits and 6 squirrels, they have problems with pests eating the garden. Most of the squirrels were young ones and so were the rabbits. I took only three arrows big mistake, one went through a rabbit and hit a steel post, hard on arrows I would hit hard dirt or logs and the notch would come out, down to 2 arrows and 1 notch it seemed if I missed and went to find my arrow I would have a good shot but no second arrow. had 1 arrow left but no notch next time extra arrows, notches and dato tips. The things are tough, they would run down their holes with the arrow stuck in them or shot clean through with their gut hanging out. I chased 1 rabbit under 2 storage containers and 40-50 feet before I could grab it Saw a doe and 2 fawns in the middle of the day. Saw lots of turkeys the pond that was always full was down to a puddle around 10 ft in dia. I guess I will have to check the water troughs for any tracks unless you can find water it is going to be tough don't know how to post pic or I would sorry for the on and on story

Judos are good and cost effective. Ive had a squirrel run down the hole ater gutting their guts ripped out by SGT head. Im going to try Saunders bludgeon heads this year with cheap warrior arrows. This way I wont see dollar signs when I break one or miss.

its good to always have extra with you. Small game hunting is hard on arrows.

Mangy- Not loosing a high dollar arrow.....+- $15 ........The sound that SGT's make when you connect .....priceless ;D

mangycoyote said:
Judos are good and cost effective. Ive had a squirrel run down the hole ater gutting their guts ripped out by SGT head. Im going to try Saunders bludgeon heads this year with cheap warrior arrows. This way I wont see dollar signs when I break one or miss.

its good to always have extra with you. Small game hunting is hard on arrows.

I wrote dado I ment Judos ditto with the squirel down the hole or the rabbit under the shed

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu