Picked up this Remi 1100

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Hello guys, hope you all had a great x-mas and new years... I'm hoping you guys can give me a little background on this new toy I bought... It's a 12 gauge...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Well quoted by Wikipedia -

The Remington 1100 is a gas-operated semi-automatic shotgun, popular among sportsmen. The Remington 1100 was the first semiautomatic shotgun to feature significant reduction in felt recoil, light weight and reliability.

Designed by Wayne Leek and Robert P Kelley,[1] the Remington Model 1100 was introduced in 1963 as a successor to the Model 58 and 878 gas operated shotguns. The Model 58s had supplanted the recoil operated Model 11-48, which retained the long recoil action of John Browning's original design, present in the Remington Model 11 and the Auto-5. All models of the 1100 are gas operated with a mechanism that noticeably reduces recoil.[1] Several variations of the Model 1100, in 12, 20, and 28 gauges, and .410 bore are still in production as of 2012. The Remington Model 1100 ushered in the era of successful and reliable gas-actuated autoloading shotguns, and it is the best selling autoloading shotgun in U.S. history.[1] with over 4 million produced. The model 1100 holds the record for the most shells fired out of an autoloading shotgun without malfunction, cleaning or parts breakage with a record of over 24,000 rounds. The record was set in 1978 with a Remington model 1100 LT-20. Breaking this record has been attempted with several other models of Semi auto shotguns but has yet to be broken. In 2011 Remington introduced the model 1100 Competition Synthetic, showing the 1100 still has a lot of life left in it.

I have heard great things about them. One of Remington's stand outs in the same category as the 700 and 870. I do not own one but would like too.

Excellent shotgun, get on the internet and find a source of O-Rings that go under the forened, they need to be replaced when they get hard/brittle.

Thanks guys for all the kook info, the lady that sold it to me said her husband only used it twice... My question is.. Do you think it still needs the O rings replaced.?

Yep'. The O-ring should be soft like a new rubber band. They go bad over time not just from use.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu