Pig Fodder!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Working up some .260 Remington loads for the upcoming Pig hunt next week. Playing around again with the Hornady 120 grain GMX bullet. It has a great BC. The barrel twist in my Sako 85 is 1:8 and in theory it should work well. Will post results after the range test. Trying Alliant Reloder 19 powder with Federal 210M primers. Also using the new Nosler Brass. Supposed to be excellent stuff. It loaded well so hopefully results will be the same.

Hopefully I can find a magic combination. Otherwise I will use the 120 Barnes bullet in a known good load.

Stay tuned!

Attachments

• PigFodder.jpg
    PigFodder.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 17
Just worked up more of the GMX with some IMR 4831. On a mission!

Cool. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about the results of your load testing.

And when you get out the the hogs I wish you the best in bringing on down. :)

Just returned from the range. The best group with the GMX bullets was an inch in diameter. Not what I was looking for. Looks like I will be hunting with my reliable Barnes TTSX bullets which continue to produce groups under 1/2".

I haven't given up on the GMX but I am going to shelf the project for a while. This is my third attempt to get these thing to shoot. Not as excited as I was about them now.

I used to use the Nosler brass in my 22-250, but that was MANY years ago. Loved it and never had a problem. You'll find a combo that works for you. It just takes range time. (Oh darn!)

John

Do you have anything that uses a 6mm bullet?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu