Pond is frozen, need advice

Full body decoys......

What part of calif is this pond?

Not a hunting situation but you get what I was talking about

thumbs

KID CREOLE said:
Not a hunting situation but you get what I was talking about

thumbs
Great illustration. Also that's a great idea to slide the chunks of broken ice under the surrounding sheet of ice.

The reason you want to slide big chunks away is that if you leave small chunks in the opening it will like freeze back over faster

You can probably get buy with 9 to 12 decoys

The pond is in the very southern portion of kern county. I have about 18 decoys but no full body ones. I'll take a picture and upload soon. The weird thing is there have been a few mallards in the pond in the morning but I never see any in the sky flying around the area and after the ducks in the morning leave they don't come back until next morning. Could be because I just got water back in it a few weeks ago though. Hopefully things pick up before January 31 !!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu