Project Coyote and HSUS

wheels

Mar 1, 2011
East County, Ca
sdcvc.com
Hey Everyone,

I have been quite lately because I have been writing comments for the Predator Policy. Even though it seem quite, remember the other side is working very hard. You see they are not just working on our state they are working on others. Here is a Camilla Fox from Project Coyote in PA. I was just at a meeting in Hollywood with her. They are busy working. http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/02/17/slaughtering-gods-dog/

So it is important to be involved and not to rely on everyone else to do the work. As everyone already knows very few do the work anyways.

I know many will say, I don't know what I should do. I have minimal knowledge in this area and don't know how to respond. This is common problem and I feel the same way sometimes. I have been reading and trying to get my head around everything myself. It is hard and it does take time to learn about the subjects. I encourage you to do it anyways. I talk to a ton of people. I connect with people that have been fighting the good fight for years. This is a way to get a ton of history. Not everything will help but it gives you background on the past issues.

So please just listen and read some of the facts from both side.

I have attached the Current Existing Predator Policy which is being gone through. Just read it. It does have some grammatical issue which is some of the things that are being fix.

You can read Camilla Fox comments http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2014/jan/03_Fox111113.pdf

You can read Jennifer Fearing comments http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2014/jan/03_Fearing110113.pdf

Jennifer and Camilla comments about certain codes can be seen here http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2014/jan/Predator_Policy_Worksheet.pdf

I know I have given you some of the same info but I do this because I know a lot of people won't look back to find the info.

You can give your own feedback just like myself and others have. My recommendations is to have your comments be about facts and to push the commission to make changes based on the best scientific studies available not on emotions which is what Jennifer and Camilla are so good at.

One of the biggest and most talked about code is 2003

This is the code everyone is talking about when it comes to coyote contests. Please and I say Please, don't just think of this code as they are stopping coyote contests. If the changes they want happen it will have a wide change to everything. It will stop every type of contest available. Have you ever gone on a fishing (Cattle) boat and put $5.00 in a bucket for the biggest fish of the day. Well that will be a thing of the past. This will change every type of contest in the marine or mammal arena. (Pope and Young, Boone and Crocket and big game contest could all be affected possible)

There is so much going on in the hunting world I can't ever start to tell you. There is so much that is under attack. You can't move to another state and get away from it. I sat in a meeting and listened to Jennifer thank the commissioners for setting the standard for the other states to follow. So many times we pass the laws and they other states end up getting the same law passed later. I would NOT be surprised to see LEAD FREE going State by State in the years to come. I bet we will see some states changing before 2019 when full LEAD FREE is in place

Attachments

• EXISTING PREDATOR POLICIES (2).pdf
    312.5 KB · Views: 3
Thank you for the update. You are absolutely spot on, we (hunters/anglers) need to spend the same amount of energy we use for our sport towards fighting for our rights.
Please get involved and spread the word, attend meetings, write or call your representatives, and contribute towards those groups fighting the good cause.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu