Question?... do most people here not have kids? or hunt w/ your kids?

Both of my boys have been hunting with me for several years, when we get the chance. They have also been to two of the local bird shoots and I was surprised to see how many local kids are actually into hunting! There is a J.A.K.E.S. event coming up soon, give Steve a call and see if there are still openings. I couldn't download the flyer so I am linking to the page on another forum (I hope it's OK): http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/j-a-k-e-s-event-2014.543019/

Attachments

• 2014 Jakes Flyer.jpg
    2014 Jakes Flyer.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 46
Both My sons hunt with me in fact the older one got me in to it. He too seems a lot like your boy in that people at his school don't get it for the most part. PM me maybe we can hook up. San Diego area near Fine Firearms.

PM sent My son especially me as well are always looking for hunting partners. My dads getting a little up there and cant keep up so good and the wife is not always into walking aimlessly through the woods for days on end. (mind you she is the reason we got into hunting in the firstr place. It all started with ...." women's skeet shooting looks fun"

I have 2 kids. 1 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. My son will be fishing and bow fishing with me this year. I'll probably take him on a few scouting trips. I shoot at a private range and plan on taking him with me soon to get used to being around shots. Both kids hang out in the back yard while I'm shooting my bow and have shown a lot of interest. I'm hoping it sticks for both of them but either way they will be introduced to hunting, fishing and shooting. It's going to be up to them if they continue on with it though.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu