Quick Bonsai run to AZ

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Me and a buddy left Saturday morning at 2 to run over to AZ.
We have Coues tags for November and wanted to scout the area.
First thing we found out was that every Bush has a thorn on it. We had the wrong clothes for the area. But that’s why you scout an area out “Wright “. We still managed to work our way in and found some deer.
Saturday I found a doe bedded. Way up high over 2,000 yards away. I could only range out to 1,826 and she was out farther. We were walking out in the dark with no lights and I nearly stepped on a rattlesnake, seriously within inches. There was a lot of jumping and yelling going on for a very exciting few seconds.
Sunday morning I spotted 4 bucks with one really nice buck in the group. Last picture three of the four bucks are in that picture. Didn’t stay long , we were back on the road by 8 am to head home
26D99D26-8411-4F1B-90D4-B95C7820CC82.pngE94E98CD-A803-4544-9069-026EFADDF0FF.png7A8E1081-975F-46AE-A616-4C83B9DFF50E.pngDE3B5E40-FD25-45C5-8395-230F41FC4958.png

Last edited:
Everything in AZ bites! The cholla cactus are the worst! I swear they jump onto you. Pumped for this hunt good work guys can’t wait to get behind the glass.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Me and a buddy left Saturday morning at 2 to run over to AZ.
We have Coues tags for November and wanted to scout the area.
First thing we found out was that every Bush has a thorn on it. We had the wrong clothes for the area. But that’s why you scout an area out “Wright “. We still managed to work our way in and found some deer.
Saturday I found a doe bedded. Way up high over 2,000 yards away. I could only range out to 1,826 and she was out farther. We were walking out in the dark with no lights and I nearly stepped on a rattlesnake, seriously within inches. There was a lot of jumping and yelling going on for a very exciting few seconds.
Sunday morning I spotted 4 bucks with one really nice buck in the group. Last picture three of the four bucks are in that picture. Didn’t stay long , we were back on the road by 8 am to head home
View attachment 36217View attachment 36218View attachment 36220View attachment 36221
Hi Lungpopper
That is a fat rattler!
Looked like a fun scouting trip.
Do you have snake chaps instead of
Snake gaiters.?
Up here in the high desert it helps with the cactus and thorns.
just a suggestion.
Nice job spotting the deer.
How far did you hike?
Best
Longbow

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu