raahauges

surfcity

I don't play nice with baby killing gun grabbers
Jan 20, 2014
Huntington Beach
www.nra.com
Howdy,

I am curious about the duck hunting at raahauges? Is it productive? Good? Bad? How is the setup? Any luck in the Afternoon? Is it worth the price of Admission.Does it compare to San Jacinto Wildlife Area?

Thanks for the time

John

Don't know about the duck hunting but the pheasant hunting is awesome and they take care of you.

It's duck hunting, afternoons can be hit or miss. It's cheap duck hunting at that. If you are a newbie it's a good deal.

Raahauges is great for beginners. I have only hunted pheasant there but if they give the same service for ducks as they do pheasants the you should be good.

Are you trying to buy a blind for the season? Or just shoot it a couple times a year?

Big difference between the 2 of those. This is nothing like their planted pheasant fields. They don't release ducks for you.

Your $100 should give you an "in" to just look around, see where the birds prefer and what options there are for the future. If I paid $100 to go to a place I have never been with zero to little intel I would expect to shoot ZERO ducks. Anything above would be a bonus.

Raahauges isn't just for newbs. Some seasoned guys do well there, but those seasoned guys also tend to travel the state or country to kill birds because ya know.... they are migratory.

Hey Thanks,
Thats what I was thinking, Today 100 mile sky in the afternoon would be tough...but I am willing to give it a go for fifty bux...what the heck.

Thanks

Aeon said:
It's duck hunting, afternoons can be hit or miss. It's cheap duck hunting at that. If you are a newbie it's a good deal.

Yeah, well I mine as well be a newbie its been 20yrs still got all my duck stuff tho....If not this year next year fo sure...

Thank You

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu