Ready to Hunt

B

beeaav

Been super busy lately and I finally completed my hunters safety certification class today. Super excited to get out there and scout out Cleveland national forest tomorrow. I'm not bringing any guns just going to scout out the area and see what's around. Hopefully I can find some signs of yotes or pigs. Got my license too late for dove season and I don't know where to go for them anyways. Any tips on where to go tomorrow, what to look for for certain animals? Also, any specific calls I should get that help? I know the basics but anything helps. Thanks in advance

Raspy coaxer, cottontail distress. just make sure you buy decent brands. people will argue and say they all sound the same but I'll tell you that's crap. You may end up buying 3 cottontail calls before you actually find one that makes YOU sound like a dying rabbit. mouth calls are all human error. It isn't going to produce the noise for you, it will only help you produce the noise. Also, practice makes perfect. Buy some different calls and practice in random places on city outskirts. See if you get responses. Know how to use those calls before you go strolling through the woods, the coyotes might be laughing at you

Howlz ;D

For coyotes invest in a Foxpro electronic caller. As for pigs I can't give you any advice since I have not killed one yet.

Josh Pearson said:
For coyotes invest in a Foxpro electronic caller. As for pigs I can't give you any advice since I have not killed one yet.

Would about that place you heard them?

Sdbirds said:
Josh Pearson said:

Would about that place you heard them?

What about it? Lol

coyotekid87 said:
Raspy coaxer, cottontail distress. just make sure you buy decent brands. people will argue and say they all sound the same but I'll tell you that's crap. You may end up buying 3 cottontail calls before you actually find one that makes YOU sound like a dying rabbit. mouth calls are all human error. It isn't going to produce the noise for you, it will only help you produce the noise. Also, practice makes perfect. Buy some different calls and practice in random places on city outskirts. See if you get responses. Know how to use those calls before you go strolling through the woods, the coyotes might be laughing at you

Howlz ;D
any specific brands I should lookout for? For Bird and coyote calls?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu